Are you planning to adopt a kitten? If you are, then you better prepare your home. It might look okay, but your home might be dangerous for the kitten. Here are some things that you must do to make sure that your home is safe for the kitten:
• If you have rat traps, make sure it that the kitten cannot reach it.
• Make sure to close all garage and appliance doors. The kitten might look for a warm place to nap, but make sure they don’t go to dangerous places.
• Close toilet lids and if you have a fireplace, make sure it is well-screened.
• Close the bathroom door especially while you run water on the bathtub.
• Keep all medicines and household cleaning materials locked up.
• Small items that can be easily swallowed by the kitten should be kept away.
• Secure windows that are unscreened. The kitten might jump out from it.
• Whenever you open tin or aluminum cans, make sure to throw it immediately on the trash can. The edge of these cans are sharp and can cut or even sever the kitten’s tongue.
Kittens may try to nibble on green leaves. T his might look funny at first, but some plants can actually be poisonous to them. If you have any of the following plants, make sure the kittens do not reach it: ivy, philodendron, dieffenbachia, easter lily, Caladium, false Jerusalem cherry, Oleander, Azalea, Rhododendron, common or cherry laurel and mistletoe.
Kittens are great pets, so your house has to be cat proof so that they can live in a safe environment.